The Drudgery Train
- Kueki ressha
- Japan 2012, 35mm, 113 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Dircector: Nobuhiro YAMASHITA
- Script: Shinji IMAOKA
- Production: "Kueki Ressha" Film Partners
- Director of Photography: Yoshihiro IKEUCHI
- Music: Shinko
- World Sales: Bitters End, Inc.
- Actor: Mirai MORIYAMA, Kengo KORA, Atsuko MAEDA, Tomorowo TAGUCHI
- Saturday, June 8, 5:00 p.m. Mousonturm Saal
- German premiere
Kanta is 19 years old, he dropped out of school and has a boring, tiresome job. His rather dull life seems to take a positive turn after he becomes friends with his colleague Shoji and student Yasuko. But Kanta is not made for keeping with social conventions, so new problems arise. In the latest film by NIPPON CONNECTION veteran Nobuhiro YAMASHITA, leading actor Mirai MORIYAMA delivers an impressive interpretation of the irritating but loveable misfit.
Nobuhiro YAMASHITA, born in Aichi in 1976, gained international recognition with his first feature-length film HAZY LIFE (1999 / NC '00). His following films were successful with both critics and the audience and he is hailed as one of the most promising directors in Japan.
1999 Hazy Life (Donten seikatsu / NC '00); 2002 No One's Ark (Naka no hakobune / NC '03); 2003 Ramblers; 2005 Linda Linda Linda (NC '08); 2007 The Matsugane Potshot Affair (Matsugane ransha jiken / NC '07) / A Gentle Breeze In The Village (Tennen kokekko / NC '08); 2011 My Back Page (NC '12)