- Zen-Performance „Oryoki Tempatsu"
- Friday, June 7, 6:30 p.m. Mousonturm Studio 3
- Zen lecture
- Saturday, June 8, 2:30 p.m. Mousonturm Studio 1
- Japanese with German translation
- Workshop Zazen & Zen-Movement
- Sunday, June 9, 6:00 p.m. Mousonturm Studio 3
- Please bring comfortable clothes
Lecture, Workshop & Performance
Three events in this programme will give you the chance to find out more about Zen. A lecture by Zen monk Seigaku will give you a general introduction. In a workshop, you can learn the first steps to this Japanese method of meditation, which can also be practiced in everyday life. Also, do not miss "Oryoki Tempatsu", a traditional meal ceremony that has been practiced in Japanese Zen temples for many generations.
Lecture 「禅とは何か？」 What is Zen?
How do we become a Zen Monk?
How is life in Zen temples?
Why are Zen and Art compatible?
How do Zen temples survive without earning money?
Steve Jobs who created "iPhones" from Apple had studied Zen for many years. Why is Zen recognized and practiced around the world today? Two Zen monks who practiced in Eiheiji, talk about why Zen attracts people, and how to apply Zen in modern society. (Text: Seigaku)