Key of Life
- Kagidorobo no mesoddo
- Japan 2012, DCP, 128 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & Script: Kenji UCHIDA
- Production: "Key of Life" Film Partners
- Director of Photography: Akira SAKO
- Music: Yusuke TANAKA
- World Sales: THE KLOCKWORX Co., Ltd.
- Actor: Masato SAKAI, Teruyuki KAGAWA, Ryoko HIROSUE, Yoshiyoshi ARAKAWA
- Saturday, June 8, 2:30 p.m. Mousonturm Saal
- German premiere
The paths of wealthy assassin Kondo and impoverished actor Sakurai are crossing at a bathhouse. As Kondo collapses and suffers an amnesia attack, Sakurai sees his chance to change his life. He switches their locker keys and takes over Kondo's identity. Soon he finds himself in trouble with the yakuza.
Kenji UCHIDA, born in 1972, studied filmmaking at San Francisco State University from 1992 to 1998. After his return to Japan he made his feature film debut with WEEKEND BLUES, which received several awards at the Pia Film Festival in 2001. His second film, A STRANGER OF MINE, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in 2005 and led to his artistic breakthrough.
2001 Weekend Blues (NC '03); 2005 A Stranger of Mine (Unmei janai hito / NC '06); 2008 After School