- Nippon no uso: Hodo shashinka Fukushima Kikujiro 90-sai
ニッポンの嘘 報道写真家 福島菊次郎90歳
- Japan 2012, HDcam, 114 Min., englisch / japanische OmeU
- Director: Saburo HASEGAWA
- Production: Documentary Japan
- Director of Photography: Yutaka YAMAZAKI
- World Sales: Bitters End, Inc.
- Narrator: Marc Carpentier, Ren OSUGI
- Saturday, June 8, 12:30 p.m. Naxoshalle Kino
- German premiere
The film features legendary photojournalist Kikujiro FUKUSHIMA, aged 90. Since the end of the Second World War, FUKUSHIMA has been documenting the darker and more troubling side of Japan's success story, creating an impressive oeuvre of political documentary photography that does not shun taking a close and critical look at human suffering and injustice.
After graduating from Hosei University, Saburo HASEGAWA joined Tsuburaya Production, where he engaged in producing drama series and commercials as a member of the special effects staff. He started working for Documentary Japan in 1996 and mainly directs documentary programs for NHK and other broadcasters.