- Japan 1995/2012, HDcam, 161 min, Japanese / Chinese / English OV
- Director & Script: Sion SONO
- Production: Dongyu Club / pictures dept.
- World Sales: pictures dept.
- Actors: Tokyo GAGAGA performance collective
- Sunday, June 9, 8 p.m. Naxoshalle Kino
- German premiere
Near the end of the 20th century, on Tokyo's Chuo train line, just before Hong Kong's handover to Chinese control, masses of people go on a rampage, and love runs wild. BAD FILM is a legendary production that was shot in 1995, but remained unfinished due to funding difficulties. In 2012, SONO edited 150 hours of footage to create a stunning masterwork that encapsulates every element found in his films to date.
Sion SONO, born in 1961, is a filmmaker and poet. He started his career in 1986 as a pink director, but soon became one of the most famous Japanese directors. His final breakthrough came with LOVE EXPOSURE in 2008. Since then, he has won many awards at several international film festivals. In 2011, a Nippon Connections retrospective featured his work.
2002 Suicide Club (Jisatsu saakuru); 2006 Noriko's Dinner Table (Noriko no shokutaku / NC '07); 2008 Love Exposure (Ai no mukidashi / NC '09); 2011 Guilty of Romance (Koi no Tsumi) / Himizu