- Japan 2013, Blu-ray, 70 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & World Sales: Ian Thomas Ash
- Director of Photography: Koji FUJITA, Colin O'Neill, Ian Thomas Ash
- Friday, June 7, 8:15 p.m. Naxoshalle Kino
- World premiere in presence of the director
Eighteen months after the nuclear meltdown in Fukushima, children in the surrounding areas are suffering from severe nose bleeds and developing skin rashes and thyroid cysts. Citing a lack of transparency in the official medical testing of their children and the ineffectiveness of the decontamination of their homes and schools, the children’s mothers take radiation monitoring into their own hands.
Born in America, Ian Thomas Ash earned an MA in Film and Television at the University of Bristol in 2004. At the 2012 Rhode Island International Film Festival, Ash was honoured with the “Filmmaker of the Future Award”. He has lived in Japan for 10 years and currently resides in Tokyo.
2006 The Ballad of Vicki and Jake; 2010 Jake, not Finished yet; 2012 In the Grey Zone; 2014 minus1287
Abita by Shoko Hara & Paul Brenner Deutschland 2012, 3:48 min